MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Request: Chess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am requesting a theme for the-chess-forum.com something chess related. I want a logo that not only says chess, but looks chess as well.
Is this voluntary work?
Yes, unfortunately.
(2011-08-16, 06:39 PM)kohai Wrote: [ -> ]I am requesting a theme for the-chess-forum.com something chess related. I want a logo that not only says chess, but looks chess as well.

Can you be a bit more specific on what it is you're after? For instance, what dimensions would you like your banner to be, 300px X 120px for example, and also in what format would you like it? JPEG, PNG24, etc. And if you specify what exactly you would like to be included, I'd be happy to give it a go for you...
I think we do have a good idea now. check out our new design.
(2011-08-20, 01:07 AM)kohai Wrote: [ -> ]I think we do have a good idea now. check out our new design.

i had a good look over the site as a whole... not just for its design, but for its organisation and content also... its a pretty nifty site and the fact that you got a good TLD makes it all the better. About the design, its sleek, clean and easy on the eye, with no flashy gimmicks or anything. Top job I'd say. I particularly like the simplicity of the pawns marking the forum headings.

You metnioned about getting people to come and stay on your forum... I believe you have a great product there as it is, and can only advise that your best bet now is to be patient as it may take some time for your forum to grow. I'd recommend that you take out an advertisement on a site for playing online chess, or even just manage to get a link to your forum on a few sites. And make sure that there is a certain level of activity on your forumm daily, even if you have to create posts yourself, so that when new visitors arrive they will see that there are things happening. Forum looks great and may well turn out to be a great resource for the game of chess if you can manage to attract some really great players that are prepared to populate your Chess Improvement forum.
(2011-08-20, 09:15 AM)zillionz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-20, 01:07 AM)kohai Wrote: [ -> ]I think we do have a good idea now. check out our new design.

i had a good look over the site as a whole... not just for its design, but for its organisation and content also... its a pretty nifty site and the fact that you got a good TLD makes it all the better. About the design, its sleek, clean and easy on the eye, with no flashy gimmicks or anything. Top job I'd say. I particularly like the simplicity of the pawns marking the forum headings.

You metnioned about getting people to come and stay on your forum... I believe you have a great product there as it is, and can only advise that your best bet now is to be patient as it may take some time for your forum to grow. I'd recommend that you take out an advertisement on a site for playing online chess, or even just manage to get a link to your forum on a few sites. And make sure that there is a certain level of activity on your forumm daily, even if you have to create posts yourself, so that when new visitors arrive they will see that there are things happening. Forum looks great and may well turn out to be a great resource for the game of chess if you can manage to attract some really great players that are prepared to populate your Chess Improvement forum.

Thanks a lot. The adminteam is starting a campaign on Facebook by purchasing ads for the entire English speaking world.

I'm glad you like the layout ofthe forum.