MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a Remember Me Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im pretty sure you know what this is... My forum doesn't have one. Is there a way to fix this? .-.
As far as your members don't click "Log out" and never delete their cookies stored in their browsers, they don't have to log on manually everytime. So there is no need to place a "Remember me" button in MyBB. My boards also don't have a remember me button.
MyBB does have a remember me checkbox, you just have to place the code in your theme. (Which I unfortunately cannot look up due to not having a dev board)
Um, I would pertty much like to REMOVE the remember me checkbox, anyone tell me how to do it please?
Everett777:

Go to Admin Panel >>> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Your Theme > Member Templates > member_login

Find the following code:
<label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label>

And remove it.

Toon World:

In the same way, you can go to the same place in templates [ ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Your Theme > Member Templates > member_login ] and add the following code.
Just place it above the captcha in member_login:
<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></td>
</tr>

FirefoX, I have this code in my template and I don't see any remember me button. Maybe we must try some css mods? My theme is Novus 2 and the forum link is this.

member_login:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->login}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<br />
{$inline_errors}
{$member_loggedin_notice}
<form action="member.php" method="post">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->login}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->username}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['maxnamelength']}" style="width: 200px;" value="{$username}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->password}</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->pw_note}</span></td>
<td class="trow2"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" style="width: 200px;" value="{$password}" /> (<a href="member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lostpw_note}</a>)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label></td>
</tr>
{$captcha}
</table>
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->login}" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>