MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Root Directory; where?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Thank you for downloading!

To install:

1) Upload the /images/ folder and all its contents to your root directory.

2) Install the .xml file in administrative control panel.

3) Enjoy!

Please visit http://www.audentio.com for custom and free premade skins!

What is the root directory exactly? Where can I find it and what is its name?
The root directory is the folder where your actual forum installation is in.
which i have not a clue where that is!
It's in /public_html/ unless you've created a separate directory...

Just upload it in the directory that has the admin folder, images folder, etc..
I can figure out how to upload the zip files, but cannot figure out how to upload the images. Is there a video tutorial?
The zip files?... You shouldn't be uploading the entire .zip archive.
I'm sorry, I've no clue what I'm doing! Seriously, is there a video tutorial that I can see how to upload a new theme?
Not that I know of, but I'll consider making one.

Check out this tutorial I made on my site:

http://forumsource.org/Thread-TUTORIAL-H...yBB-Themes
How did you uploaded your forum?
If you're having difficulty with placing the files on the root directory of your site, then you're likely to run into other issues as you proceed to the next steps. I found the tutorial on installation here very easy to follow and managed to place the forum on my site within about 20 minutes, but it does require that you have at least a rudimentary knowledge of things such as FTP and working with cPanel, MySQL and several other things on the server side. I found this video tutorial on YouTube which demonstrates the process quite well, but my best advice is to take your time. Double check each operation before you click save, as backtracking mistakes is quite difficult in things such as this.

Need any specific guidance, feel free to send me a PM and I will try to assist you Smile