MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Options Link in Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is an options link off to the right of my shoutbox above the smilies and pop out option, however it's not a clickable link. How can I fix this and what does it include?

Can Font colors be changed?
posting your forum URL AND link to the shoutbox plugin help us in providing better suggestions.

if you are using myshoutbox then its settings has using html & mycode , smilies options. DO NOT
turn on the html ; select mycode , smilies options. AND you can use color mycode for the shouts
[color=red]do not repeat the threads[/color]

if you are using a modern theme then it might be using jQuery script AND that conflicts with popup links

find jQuery loading code in your headerinclude template (in ungrouped templates)
eg. <script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
add below code after above jQuery code in a new line AND save template
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

(2011-08-17, 05:06 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]posting your forum URL AND link to the shoutbox plugin help us in providing better suggestions.

if you are using myshoutbox then its settings has using html & mycode , smilies options. DO NOT
turn on the html ; select mycode , smilies options. AND you can use color mycode for the shouts
[color=red]do not repeat the threads[/color]

if you are using a modern theme then it might be using jQuery script AND that conflicts with popup links

find jQuery loading code in your headerinclude template (in ungrouped templates)
eg. <script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
add below code after above jQuery code in a new line AND save template
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

That code was not in the template you suggested. Do you know where it might be?
What's your forum URL? And can you please provide a user test account?
(2011-08-17, 04:28 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]What's your forum URL? And can you please provide a user test account?

Yes.

www.tortoiseinfo.org

I'll PM you log in information.
Ok, I logged in but I don't see any problem. I was able to click on Smilies and Popup Shoutbox. Could you please elaborate?
I have a similar problem on my forum.
I'm using MyShoutbox and at the right side I have two links: Smilies and Popup Shoutbox. They work, but when I press Smilies a popup window appear with Smilies Listing. It is written there Click a smilie to insert it into your message. I clicked the smilies but they don't appear in my message.

What should I do that the smilies to be inserted in the message?
(2011-08-18, 10:09 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I logged in but I don't see any problem. I was able to click on Smilies and Popup Shoutbox. Could you please elaborate?

Sorry. I what I mean was that there is another option above those two that says "options" Is that a clickable link? Or is that just letting you know that those are the options?

Where can I get shoutbox admin codes to use? Are there any (i.e. changeable font color, size etc)?
@csm: That's not a bug. The ability to click on smilies was removed in some version of MyShoutbox, if I recall correctly. If you really need this, you can hop on the MyShoutbox thread and ask for help.

@soyusae: Yeah, it's just a bit of text indicating that the below links are options. You can already use different sizes or colors in the shoutbox, i.e. MyCode.
(2011-08-18, 05:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]@csm: That's not a bug. The ability to click on smilies was removed in some version of MyShoutbox, if I recall correctly. If you really need this, you can hop on the MyShoutbox thread and ask for help.

Thanks!