MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a forum where...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I create a board where members need X amount of posts to view/post in it?
you could search for the answer....

use the group promotions system and set the target group to have the permissions you want for that forum
I mean I created a board called "Whatever" and I only want the users with 200 posts or more (in any group) to be able to view and post in the forum, I fail to see how the group permissions feature can do this....
Have a "200 Posts" group which can access it and deny the "Registered" and "Guest" usergroups. Then use group promotions to automatically promote members once they have 200 posts.
Then you aren't looking in the right place.

First go to the users & groups tab in acp, and click Groups from the left panel.
Now click the Add New User Group tab
Fill in the necessary info.

ACP ->Users & Groups -> Group Promotions -> Add New Promotion
Under "Promotion Requirements", click Post Count.
In the area below that, enter the amount of posts they need to use that particular forum.
Select the new group you just created under the "New User Group" dropdown.
Make sure it's enabled and then click the save button.

Now just one thing left to do...
Go to the forums and posts tab in acp. Look for the forum in question and select "Permissions" from the dropdown.
Now adjust the permissions accordingly for the new group you just created.
But isn't that too much hassle, isn't there an easier way perhaps with a plugin?
It takes all of 2 minutes to do.
And why use a plugin when you can accomplish it with the core features?
Because I don't want users to be moved to a specific group, I want any user in any group with 200 posts or more to view/edit it and all others to not see it.
Yes...and that's exactly how you would do that. You can select their new group as a secondary group.
(2011-08-17, 03:04 AM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Then you aren't looking in the right place.

First go to the users & groups tab in acp, and click Groups from the left panel.
Now click the Add New User Group tab
Fill in the necessary info.

ACP ->Users & Groups -> Group Promotions -> Add New Promotion
Under "Promotion Requirements", click Post Count.
In the area below that, enter the amount of posts they need to use that particular forum.
Select the new group you just created under the "New User Group" dropdown.
Make sure it's enabled and then click the save button.

Now just one thing left to do...
Go to the forums and posts tab in acp. Look for the forum in question and select "Permissions" from the dropdown.
Now adjust the permissions accordingly for the new group you just created.

this is the correct way to do it, just make the promotion set the new group as an additional group
Pages: 1 2