MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Access Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently purchased a website, www.Baja.com. It used mybb effectively for years. The bb is now plagued with spam and I want to start moderating before our relaunch. I was able to fix the tables by accessing a user name and password from the config file but that does not seem to work for the admin panel. I need to take control of this bb. How can I get a user name and password so that I can start moderating and using your other tools? I control the hosting for the site....

Posted this under a previous post but didn't hear back and assumed it possibly deserved its own thread.

Thanks in advance. I am a noob at this and will undoubtedly have somewhat of a learning curve.
I really don't understand what the problem is. You have spam on your forum and you want to moderate it. So do it. I even gave you a link with a few tools that will make it easier to handle:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686
I cannot access the username or password for the account. I assume I need the original UN and PW to access these tools, no? Can I find this somewhere in one of the existing site files or reset????
You mean you forgot your admin account's password?
@OP, you should have admin privileges AND should work with admin panel ...
if you are owner then you should have database access for advanced control

the experts/contributors here do not entertain/support any alternate methods ..
No, fortunately or unfortunately I did not "forget" anything. I bought the site www.baja.com some time back. I no longer have contact with the seller. I am the owner of the site and the forum. I have successfully accessed the DB. I also have an account here to post in the community. HOWEVER, I have no idea how I might access the admin privileges and admin panel or reset the UN and password. I assume I need to get into the admin panel to manage things like moderation.
Run this SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';

You will then be able to login as the username "admin" with the password "test", which you can later change.
OK, done. Thank you. Now where do I go to find the login page? Is it online with a URL or via my hosting?
You login the same way you logged in to this forum. There's a login link at the top of your forum.
Thank you! Let's see if I can figure out where to delete spammy posts now and then onto upgrading to the most recent release!
Pages: 1 2