MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My host told me that sending SMTP via PHP is disabled on shared hosts plans and I have only use PHP mail.
Well, you need a new host then.
Why!???? It's MyBB problem because PHP mail is active on my host and PHP test mail code is working. my host provider is IX Webhosting and it's one of the best host providers.
Well, ok, calm down. Hmmmm. Did you reupload functions.php?
(2011-10-03, 05:55 PM)armin3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Why!???? It's MyBB problem because PHP mail is active on my host and PHP test mail code is working. my host provider is IX Webhosting and it's one of the best host providers.

It is not a MyBB problem. PHP mail works fine for me and numerous other users, the problem is either a misconfiguration on your side or a restriction of your host.
We can only check the settings on MyBB to make sure they are not causing a problem but if the mails still don't work then you will have to get in touch with your host to check their logs and find out why the mails are not going through.

Also, when you say that the test script works, do you get the emails you send to the email address you set there? If you do then can you try different email addresses and make sure it works for them too?
My forum address is:
http://forums.svus.ir
php mail test file that I created from MyBB Wiki: http://forums.svus.ir/testmail.php
the email has been send successfully to my email address: "Mail was sent by PHP"

and I receive an email from "[email protected]" that's a server of IX Webhosting company (My Hosting Provider). I think c335543 is my customer code or my host address or something like that.
The content of received email: "This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works."

I set "[email protected]" as admin email in MyBB configuration page. I have tried "[email protected]" too to make sure that it's not a domain name problem. I had created both emails on my domains but if it's possible I prefer the first one to be my admin email address ([email protected]).

My Host support team says SMTP php is not available on shared hosting plans and I have to use PHP mail method and PHP mail fails too. (MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.)

PHP Version is 5.2.17

Which configuration or modification in function.php, php.php, mail_handler.php or other files should I do to solve this problem?

Thank you so much for your support
Have you asked your host to look in to why MyBB's mails are not going through? You posted the response your host gave you regarding smtp but you need to ask them why MyBB's mails are not going through.

You should not have to make any modifications to the core files as they work. Make sure you have not added any additional parameters o the Mail settings, you could also try enabling/disabling message ID mail headers.

If your host can give you the errors they are getting in the logs then we can have a better idea of why mails are not going through. MyBB uses the same function that is in the wiki test script for one to work and the other to not work does not make sense unless there is some restriction on the host.
I got this error in my System Email Log

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />110: Connection timed out
Pages: 1 2