MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I created a website for my community and I installed MyBB. When someone signs up they don't get an activation code by email. I was also trying but I didn't get an email. Why? Could someone help me?
which mail setup you are using (php / smtp) AND have you checked if there are
any error messages at admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> system mail log
(2011-08-17, 06:38 PM)danne12399 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I created a website for my community and I installed MyBB. When someone signs up they don't get an activation code by email. I was also trying but I didn't get an email. Why? Could someone help me?

did you set the mail functions up correctly ? does your host allow php mail to work ? a url to the site would be good
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

Why?
that depends on your web host !! you may confirm it with help:mail .
its better to contact your web host
(2011-08-17, 06:50 PM)danne12399 Wrote: [ -> ]"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

Why?
Sounds like your host has disabled this function ... contact your host
I saw this but I can't find "
Quote:mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);"
in the file.

Quote:Some webhosts have various restrictions on PHP mail. Some hosts require that the "From" address be a mailbox address on their server. Other hosts may disable the mail function completely. Please ask your webhost if there are any special restrictions they have on sending mail via PHP.

If your webhost has restricted that only mails from there own domain is allowed, try to edit the file inc/functions.php. Look for:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
and include above: ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
Then it should look like this:

ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
YOURDOMAIN must be replaced by the domain where the forum is hosted.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail

Or do anyone know if I can turn off/remove this mail activation in some way?

Can someone help?!
(2011-08-17, 09:02 PM)danne12399 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this but I can't find "
Quote:mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);"
in the file.

Quote:Some webhosts have various restrictions on PHP mail. Some hosts require that the "From" address be a mailbox address on their server. Other hosts may disable the mail function completely. Please ask your webhost if there are any special restrictions they have on sending mail via PHP.

If your webhost has restricted that only mails from there own domain is allowed, try to edit the file inc/functions.php. Look for:

and include above: ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
Then it should look like this:

ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
YOURDOMAIN must be replaced by the domain where the forum is hosted.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail

Or do anyone know if I can turn off/remove this mail activation in some way?

Can someone help?!
so have you found out if php mail is suported by your host ? if not you will have to configure mybb to use smtp mail
to ignore this set the following :-
admincp->configuration->User Registration and Profile Options->Registration Method and choose a different option (perhaps instant activation) use this as a stop gap until you have something else set up
Would you please explain more?! my function.php is a bit different.
my forums address is like this:
"forums.domain.com"
PHP mail function is enable on my host and php mail test code on MyBB Wiki Mail Help works fine.
But mails from MyBB are unable to be sent.
I have attached my Function.php.
Please help me. it's more important for me Sad
Just use SMTP mail, it's easier.
Pages: 1 2