MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: one user db for multi MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the MyBB for different languages, separate folders:

domain.com/en
domain.com/fi
domain.com/ru

What should I do to use the different forums for a one login and user data?
Do you mean that posts and threads data will be different in all forums whereas just the user and login data will be the same?
(2011-08-17, 09:59 PM)FirefoX Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that posts and threads data will be different in all forums whereas just the user and login data will be the same?

Yes.

Unfortunately, it is impossible. You should edit and change some core files for this.
Ok, I think that is an alternative solution:

1. One MyBB
2. Separate category for each language
3. Forum-Specific Style for category (forum management)
4. Alternative front page (.htaccess - DirectoryIndex)
5. The front page of hypertext links to the forum in different languages
(2011-08-17, 10:19 PM)dsat Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I think that is an alternative solution:

1. One MyBB
2. Separate category for each language
3. Forum-Specific Style for category (forum management)
4. Alternative front page (.htaccess - DirectoryIndex)
5. The front page of hypertext links to the forum in different languages

so you answered yes to having different urls but sharing the database where as what you want is the same url with different themes and forum access ?
Yes, same domain, MyBB are installed in separate folders for different languages. Forum style is the same, only the language is different. Between the different forums should be able to move without having to log in again. Does not matter what language forum the user register the account.

www.domain.com/en - for english
www.domain.com/fi - for finnish

(2011-08-17, 10:45 PM)dsat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, same domain, MyBB are installed in separate folders for different languages. Forum style is the same, only the language is different. Between the different forums should be able to move without having to log in again. Does not matter what language forum the user register the account.

www.domain.com/en - for english
www.domain.com/fi - for finnish

so why did you ask a question to which you knew the answer ? you could install mybb in different folders with the same db but I guess you may have a prefix problem and rights issues. the front end maybe easier to edit
Yes, you right - it is the prefix, cookie problem. phpBB is simple (I've done), but the problem is with the MyBB, because I just started to use and has been unable to get to know.
(2011-08-17, 11:21 PM)dsat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you right - it is the prefix, cookie problem. phpBB is simple (I've done), but the problem is with the MyBB, because I just started to use and has been unable to get to know.

perhaps do some tests on a localhost so you can work out how to configure mybb to your needs
Pages: 1 2