MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update plugins for new themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I use a new theme, almost all of my plugins don't work... What's the easiest way of getting all of my plugins up to date with my new themes without deleting them and completely reinstalling them again?
Usually a plugin will only modify a theme when activated, so going through and deactivating/reactivating all your plugins is the only way I know of to get this done. If your theme is incompatible you might need to go in and manually add the changes.
Copy the variables manually.
(2011-08-18, 04:04 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Copy the variables manually.

Is that the best method? Undecided
(2011-08-18, 04:09 AM)Forum Source Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the best method? Undecided
(2011-08-18, 04:01 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Usually a plugin will only modify a theme when activated, so going through and deactivating/reactivating all your plugins is the only way I know of to get this done. If your theme is incompatible you might need to go in and manually add the changes.
(2011-08-18, 04:34 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-18, 04:09 AM)Forum Source Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the best method? Undecided
(2011-08-18, 04:01 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Usually a plugin will only modify a theme when activated, so going through and deactivating/reactivating all your plugins is the only way I know of to get this done. If your theme is incompatible you might need to go in and manually add the changes.

Deactivating the plugins and reactivating them never works for me, so I suppose manually adding everything back like you said is the only way... That's a real pain since I've been creating a lot of themes and keep changing it.
(2011-08-18, 04:39 AM)Forum Source Wrote: [ -> ]Deactivating the plugins and reactivating them never works for me, so I suppose manually adding everything back like you said is the only way... That's a real pain since I've been creating a lot of themes and keep changing it.
Yeah, it really is a pain Toungue I'd make up your mind about the theme; not only is it confusing for visitors but it's also making your job harder!
(2011-08-18, 04:43 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-18, 04:39 AM)Forum Source Wrote: [ -> ]Deactivating the plugins and reactivating them never works for me, so I suppose manually adding everything back like you said is the only way... That's a real pain since I've been creating a lot of themes and keep changing it.
Yeah, it really is a pain Toungue I'd make up your mind about the theme; not only is it confusing for visitors but it's also making your job harder!

Yeah, I think this one will probably be the last one I create, but since I've created three others before this one, it just caught my attention that every single time I have to pay attention a lot to the plugins and it's very time consuming when I'm already trying to get work done. Thanks for the help though Steven and you to Malcom, I appreciate it.