MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't deny PM Receipts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a little confused about this option in ACP. What happens if you select yes or no with this? I tested it with a member who was marked no, and as Admin, I'm marked yes. I sent a test PM to this other member and then responded back to me. Well, "deny receipt" was below the subject for the test member, but I didn't have that option when the message was sent back to me. That doesn't make sense.

Also, when I hit the "deny receipt" below the subject on the test member, it took me to the message. What exactly does "deny receipt" do? I thought it meant you could return the message unread to the sender? Please help! LOL
If there is a tracking option for the message, you can deny its receipt, then the other user will not be able to track it anymore by reading the receipt details.

regards
I think the permission actually is "Can deny PM receipts" (I believe this is fixed in 1.2).

Basically it allows users to read a PM but not let the other person know that they have read the PM (if the sender is 'tracking' the PM)
So if you mark yes, then it's actually that you CAN deny PM receipts instead of can't?? If that's the case, then I guess I'm confused why it did the opposite during my test of the two.
Yeah exactly as i have said in my previous post, umm clicking the deny link will result the track receipt not to be listed int he tracking list of the sender.

This deny receipt will not appear in case the sender hasn't selected "request receipt" when send you a PM

SO who can deny a pm receipt, then that mean he can hide whether he had read the message or not.

regards
Quote:This deny receipt will not appear in case the sender hasn't selected "request receipt" when send you a PM
OH right! Thanks! That answers that question. But what about the test member marked to no on being able to deny receipt? Why would they still be given the option to deny when I sent them a PM?
As denniss said, that thing is fixed in 1.2.

regards
I thought Dennis just meant that the name is fixed from can't to can in the new version. Or did he mean that the whole option doesn't work??
The permission in 1.1.x says "Can't" but it actually is supposed to be "Can". It's just the text that's wrong--the permission works as "Can Deny PM Receipts".

In any case, if it is set to "yes" the [deny receipt] link will show up, and if you set it to "no" the link will not show up.
I thought that's what you meant. Big Grin So I guess that's the problem. I set it to no for a test member, and then I sent a PM to this test member from my admin account. When I read the pm in the test member's inbox, the [deny receipt] link was there. ???