MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.1.7 to 1.6.4 stuck on performing necessary queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have 1.1.7 and I am attempting to update to 1.6.4 but it gets stuck on the message performing necessary queries. THis is after it has done at least 20 operations already. I made sure to copy all the 1.6.4 files. I tried 10 times. Is there a specific step I am missing? I followed the wiki instructions for a full upgrade. I can't show the forum because I restored it for now back to 1.1.7 until I can find a solution.

Thanks for your help!
Emmanuel
Wow, jumping from 1.1.7 to 1.6.4?

I'm not even sure if that's possible.

It might be better if you upgraded in increments.

From 1.1.7 to 1.2, then 1.4, then 1.6.4.
I just tried 1.2.14 and that said it was a success, but the forum categories weren't showing. So then I tried to go to 1.4, but I got the same error on 1.4, stuck on "performing necessary queries". Any ideas?
If it's stuck there, it's most likely a resource limitation on the server.
It can't process through & it gets stuck, I've seen this before.

You have a few options here.

You can try contacting your host and requesting that they up the limit.
Or see how much help they'll provide you.
Mine at one point, took the "upgrade" file, extracted all the upgrade queries and manually ran them on their end.

But not all hosts will go to that extent to help.
(2011-08-18, 11:51 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not even sure if that's possible.
It is, the upgrade script supports really old versions. It is exactly like running every single upgrade between.
(2011-08-19, 12:49 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]If it's stuck there, it's most likely a resource limitation on the server.
It can't process through & it gets stuck, I've seen this before.

You have a few options here.

You can try contacting your host and requesting that they up the limit.
Or see how much help they'll provide you.
Mine at one point, took the "upgrade" file, extracted all the upgrade queries and manually ran them on their end.

But not all hosts will go to that extent to help.

We have a brand new state-of-the art dedicated server, running on Peer1 Hosting, and our memory limit per operation is 64mb. I would think that would not be a limitation. We do have a large database of comments though.

So maybe I do need to run the queries seperately. How do I approach that. My hosting will not do that for me, but if I tell them how, they will do it for me on their end. I also have root ssh access if I need.
I resolved, this mostly by doing 2 upgrades per version... 1.1.8 > 1.2.0 > 1.2.14 > 1.4.0 > 1.4.16 > 1.6.0 > 1.6.4

But my admin CP doesn't show confirugration tab and other ones... any ideas how I can get those working?
64MB is REALLY low... my server's somewhere up around 2gigs

LOL Raise that limit.
(2011-08-20, 02:25 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]64MB is REALLY low... my server's somewhere up around 2gigs

LOL Raise that limit.

I think he means his PHP mem limit. 64M is probably fine actually.
" ... my admin CP doesn't show confirugration tab and other ones ... "

try by re-uploading admin directory with its subfolders & files
Try the Merge System, if it includes older mybb version, I hope Smile
Pages: 1 2