MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta title.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will changing the meta title to something other than, <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title> Will it make it mess anything up? It seems that google is not updating with this title. I have google crawling my forum everyday and normally updates within a few days up until I upgraded to 1.6.4. So I wanted to know if I was to chnge it to a solid title would it mess anything up in mybb? I know it wont automatically change when I change settings via admin cp. So if I wanted the title to change I would manually have to do it. So if it doesn't mess anything other than up please let me know. Thank you.
well , it doesn't do any harm if you change the mata title !!

however, is your settings.php writeable ?
does the system warn of any incorrect CHMODs when you visit tools & maintenance section ..
(2011-08-19, 04:39 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]well , it doesn't do any harm if you change the mata title !!

however, is your settings.php writeable ?
does the system warn of any incorrect CHMODs when you visit tools & maintenance section ..

Yeah is is and all CHMODS are fine. I just want my sites title to update. Because it being what it is now doesn't work for me.