MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something seems wrong with mybb_1604.zip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I'm baffled.
I loaded the newest file mybb_1604.zip but it seems to contain LOTS of OLDER files than the 1603 ???

Example:
inc/languages/akismet.lang.php

contains:
* $Id: akismet.lang.php 5297 2010-12-28 22:01:14Z Tomm $

While the "old" file from 1603 contains
* $Id: akismet.lang.php 5380 2011-02-21 12:04:43Z Tomm $

This goes for almost all files in the language folder and I fear this MIGHT be the case for lots of other files too (e.g. because after uploading the newest files, my thread prefixes don't appear anymore).

Another Example:
Archive/global.php

1604 contains:
* $Id: global.php 5365 2011-02-16 21:59:02Z MattR $

While 1603 contains:
* $Id: global.php 5380 2011-02-21 12:04:43Z Tomm $

Can anyone say something about this ?

That date is the last time they have been updated. In 1604, only some files were updated. They didn't update every single file, and they don't change the date for every single file, every release. Smile.
(2011-08-19, 03:42 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]That date is the last time they have been updated. In 1604, only some files were updated. They didn't update every single file, and they don't change the date for every single file, every release. Smile.
Actually, 1.6.4 changes all files. It is the first version to date that did it.

I'm not really sure why the dates are wrong. A developer would have to confirm this. But don't worry, lots of people are running 1.6.4 with no issues whatsoever. Those lines are just comments anyways, it doesn't conflict with the code.
@NaXuh In how far does that explain that the full 1604 installer contains lots of older files than 1603 ?

@faviouz I have to fix the prefixes now .. they're in the database under mybb_threadprefixes, but they don't appear anymore in the forums -.-
@Faviouz - Every single file was updated/changed? I find that a bit hard to believe. I know we had to replace all files when upgrading, but okay. Smile.

@TStarGermany Where are you getting this information? All of the files in the download package are up to date, even if they haven't been updated in awhile.
Quote:...my thread prefixes don't appear anymore ...

rebuild threadprefixes cache at admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> cache manager
What do you mean? I just loaded the 1604 file from here, extracted it and looked through the files.

(thx ranjani, what point in the cache manager should i chose ? there is no "prefix" in it)
Just look at the svn changelog, you will see those files were neigher changed with 1.6.3 nor with 1.6.4. Rev 5380 accidently changed the header comment.
Would you be so nice to point me to this changelog?

And for the inc/languages/akismet.lang.php
Revision 5380 is included in 1603
Revision 5297 is included in 1604

Do you say that this line in 1604 was wrongly inserted or is it really the old build 5297 ?
I've gone through MANY different files in 1604 now and the revisions of the files are LOWER than 5380..
Only files in the root folder of 1604 are newer, all the files in the subfolders are mostly 5297 (with different file sizes as well)

I just don't get it.
As I said this line was changed accidentally when moving the files on SVN.