MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums links not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I just did a fresh install of mybb 1.6.4. After I got done, I was tring to create a topic, thats when I found out that the link to "my Forum" wasn't working. It just led me back to my homepage. My forums url is 3kingdoms.tk. So can you guys please check it out?
bump!
You need to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Edit: not seen above response Smile

forum display link is working ;
which SEO system you have used ? AND have you put .htaccess file with required rewrite rules ?
Hey guys,

I'm not using any SEO system. But I just changed .htaccess.txt to .htaaccess, its still not working. Btw, I'm using godaddy as my host.
If it is still not working, in the meantime, you can change them to the non-seo friendly links:

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Server and Optimization Options -> Enable search engine friendly URLs? -> Disabled
^^Thanks, that worked for me. So do you guys know why the SEO thing is affecting me?
^ SEO URLs was turned ON & you didn't put required .htaccess or it was not working
Is mod_rewrite enabled on your host? If it is disabled they would not work, but I believe it would have shown an error then.

It didn't show an error, so I am guessing you didn't put the required .htaccess like ranjani said.