MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I just thought of it; what about a Facebook-style chat for MyBB? Of course, you could turn it off when you wanted, but I just imagine it'd be much more convenient then some random shoutbox plugins.
Pretty sure the developers are against this, I sure am. Mybb is a forum software, not a social network. There are already plugins for this, and tbh it'd be silly as core. Chats kill forums.
(2011-08-19, 07:28 PM)Vocaloid Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I just thought of it; what about a Facebook-style chat for MyBB? Of course, you could turn it off when you wanted, but I just imagine it'd be much more convenient then some random shoutbox plugins.

I doubt it'll happen, because it really has to benefit a large majority of members, but it should be easily a plugin nonetheless.
Chat kills forums, truly said!
No! For the last damn time we are not getting a shoutbox! Stop with these threads!!
(2011-08-20, 12:14 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]No! For the last damn time we are not getting a shoutbox! Stop with these threads!!

Okay, okay! Sorry to waste your valuable time- didn't feel like looking through 10 pages of suggestions. You realize this forum, however, is a suggestion forum, right? You know, where people make suggestions in the hope of helping out, not being criticized...
(2011-08-21, 03:05 AM)Vocaloid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-20, 12:14 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]No! For the last damn time we are not getting a shoutbox! Stop with these threads!!

Okay, okay! Sorry to waste your valuable time- didn't feel like looking through 10 pages of suggestions. You realize this forum, however, is a suggestion forum, right? You know, where people make suggestions in the hope of helping out, not being criticized...

Because spending ten minutes is so hard... We also have a search for a reason.
The chat would destroy the whole forum pretty much. People would ask their questions in the chat mostly and that way forum gets of no use.
Shout box chat box kill some forums I have seen forums with one the forum posting drops by like 60% to 70% and some forums run like 60% slower when one is being used I think adding one is a really bad idea. If you really want one just use one of the mods
If you really wat a chatbox just like facebook, there are two that you can [i]buyp/i].
http://www.arrowchat.com/
http://www.cometchat.com/
Pages: 1 2