MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys i just created my site and would like to install a theme but im not sure how to do it.Can anyone help me out Big Grin
im not sure what it means by theme manger though. i know this is easy for you but im really confused
^ theme files come as archived (.zip / .rar / .7z) extract files - that is, you should have a folder
with the name of theme AND files & subfolders in it. upload this folder to ./images folder of
myBB installation (thru file manager / ftp).

log into admin panel, click on themes at left panel ; on right side there is a tab for Import
a Theme
. click on that tab . you have options for importing theme. there is a button to choose a file .
you have to select a file with xml extension in the uploaded theme folder.

you have advanced options at the end of import a theme page

Advanced Options
Ignore Version Compatibility
Import Stylesheets
Import Templates

select all above AND click on Import Theme button - that's it

Youtube has some video clips on importing themes. you might like to watch a couple of them ...
Ok now here are some more questions i went into inc folder but i didnt see a folder named images inside it and also when i click import a theme it says its disabled for security reasons
^ do you have forum on a free mybb webhost (eg. createmybb) ?
Yes i do.
^ they do not support installing new themes / plug-ins etc..
AND this community does not support issues related to such free myBB webhosts ..
Ok sorry i didnt know that but just the be sure it ends with mybbnew.com
^ sorry, they do not allow installing new themes.. you need to contact the support team there
Pages: 1 2