MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Firefox 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-08-27, 04:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need Asus to release a browser update? Confused

Because I'm using an Asus Eee 4G as my laptop.Blush
Firefox sucks for Mac/Linux. The GUI is overpopulated with useless tools and junk. For windows I admit the look is quite cool and the speed is great but for mac eh. Chrome is fast and it does what I need. Has easy to access tabs, extensions if I need them and basic controls.
(2011-08-27, 04:44 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-27, 04:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need Asus to release a browser update? Confused

Because I'm using an Asus Eee 4G as my laptop.Blush

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
You can add other browsers on it :p
(2011-08-27, 06:09 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You can add other browsers on it :p

I've tried without luck. This laptop is 3 years old.
Why would you buy a laptop that you can't even update the software on?
How can't you update the software? I really don't understand that.
(2011-08-20, 12:32 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I have 8 installed, but I still prefer Opera Next (their beta).
http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

* Tomm M drools.

Really, I don't care what browser there is on the machine. I still see the websites I visit on any of them. Although I love Opera - just wish Firefox would give themselves a shake and for Google to stop feeding me updates.
9.0 is released, nothing different.
(2011-08-27, 07:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]How can't you update the software? I really don't understand that.

The only way to add, update, or remove software is via "Add/Remove Software" under settings. There's no update there for my web browser.
Use your package manager or compile it.
There's an executable file included for *nix users anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5