MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "MyBB download" scam? Has anyone seen this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my regulars posted the following just before the main content of his post:

I have tried several times to post on the forum but I get a message from “MYBB” saying that I need to click here to d/l an update for the forum to continue…now I might have been born at night but I wasn’t born last night so I didn’t click here and all of my post was erased so I’ll try again…

Sounds like some sort of pop-up was plaguing him. Has anyone else had reports of this?
Can you possibly get a screenshot of it?
Had The same issue it works within the ACP But outside of it, Errors Exist.
I requested a screen shot. This is the first case I have heard of, but I am very concerned.
Here is the response to my request for more info:

The MYBB was very very large in the pop up and if memory serves me correct the MY was black and the BB was red or vice versa. It didn't do it today when I replied to the thread. If it does it again I'll copy it.
Do you have any ads on your site? What networks are you getting the ads from? Some shady ad providers will have these kinds of popups where they ask you to download an update to whatever keyword they find used most on your site, in this case, maybe MyBB