MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs XenForo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Friend of mine is about to start a tech forum, so we both were looking for right software. Well I am with myBB he is still confused. I just hit in google Mybb vs Xenforo & stumbled upon following link -

http://www.forum-software.org/forum-comp...vs-xenforo

if you see, every damn feature is in mybb & many are not in xF. But still it gets 10/10 where as 8/10. Isn't it too biased ???
Why do you even care about reviews? Point is, MyBB is Free, and XenForo is paid. If you want to spend money on A forum script, there is a lot of alternatives to XenForo, and the same goes for MyBB. At the end it is not about the 10/10 and 8/10, it is all about what you are comfortable to use.
I care because I love myBB ! Now I know about mybb so I don't care about reviews.

but what about newbies ? [just like my friend] first thing they gonna do is review only right ?
Forum Reviews is totally biased. They rated Simple Machines over MyBB! (RIDICULOUS). Just tested out Xenforo, and MyBB is way better. (My Opinion, But I think Quite Allot Of People Would Agree)
I hear a lot stories of people starting off with MyBB, it tends to be the in-thing at the moment. It's free (and the best one out of the bunch) and requires completely no investment apart from a host.

If the community grows quickly and outgrows the software, then it's time to find an upgrade. There's no point investing £150 for something that might never work, and leaving you stuck with a dormant XF licence.
(2011-08-21, 02:22 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]If the community grows quickly and outgrows the software, then it's time to find an upgrade.

Can you elaborate this ? I thought myBB can handle large database also. I mean just want to know when a forum outgrows the software.

and thank you guys for replying Smile
XF looks like a orange peel, yo may like it (I actually do) but the fruit itself is what you most likely enjoy.

And why will you spending 150dll for a project that might not succeed?

Just my opinion.
(2011-08-21, 02:25 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-21, 02:22 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]If the community grows quickly and outgrows the software, then it's time to find an upgrade.

Can you elaborate this ? I thought myBB can handle large database also. I mean just want to know when a forum outgrows the software.

and thank you guys for replying Smile

IPB and XF are better with large databases. The really big MyBBs (Hack Forums, among others) are modified pretty heavily and have several features disabled.
So I was wrong, I thought even myBB also can handle large forums
(2011-08-21, 03:42 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]So I was wrong, I thought even myBB also can handle large forums
It can, but you'll have to make certain adjustments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23