MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instructions for 1.6.4 update....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi all,

I may have missed it, I downloaded the 1.6.4 update and there were know instructions that came with it. I also looked on its page and didn't find anything either.

Please advise.

Thanks
Instructions are found on the blog page:

http://blog.mybb.com/2011/07/29/mybb-1-6-4-update/
The instructions are pretty much the same for every release. Upload all the new files and run the upgrade script if there were database changes. Read the Wiki for more detailed information: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

@NaXuh: That is the announcement for the update to the original 1.6.4 release, which contained some bugs. Not what enlightenme needs to follow.
Oh, sorry - misunderstood what he was saying. The blog post was "1.6.4 update" so I assumed - oops. Bit tired... haha. Smile.
I understand, just didn't want him to come back saying the upgrade failed, like most people who followed it and had not upgraded the the original 1.6.4 in the first place. Toungue

Unless he really is upgrading from the original 1.6.4 release.
Are you upgrading the original versions?
(2011-08-21, 11:05 PM)leestephen Wrote: [ -> ]Are you upgrading the original versions?

I need to upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.6.4 - thanks
The guide on the wiki will help you do that: [Wiki: Upgrading].