MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Amateur web hosts lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I seem to have noticed lately a high amount of people publishing post to host websites using something other then a top-level domain. In some cases, I have seen people offering paid web hosting services. In my opinion, how could you trust someone with your money to host a website, when they can't even afford $10 a year to cover domain costs (let alone physical or virtual server costs)?
Simple answer, you can't. Sleepy
(2011-08-21, 11:18 PM)Forum Source Wrote: [ -> ]Simple answer, you can't. Sleepy

I've just released a P4Host website that all other P4Host websites will need to work twice as hard to compete with. :p We have a very nice VPS, offer amazing plans, and even though I shouldn't have to say this, we have a TLD. xD
How is post 4 host even sustainable if your forum doesn't have ads?
(2011-08-21, 11:25 PM)duyen Wrote: [ -> ]How is post 4 host even sustainable if your forum doesn't have ads?
If you have a job it's pretty easy.
In all honesty, paying $10 a month for a web hosting service seems more viable than posting on a forum each month. My time is worth more than the money I spend, in my opinion.
(2011-08-21, 11:29 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]In all honesty, paying $10 a month for a web hosting service seems more viable than posting on a forum each month. My time is worth more than the money I spend, in my opinion.
That's just you. Some people would prefer to save the $10 for their forum if they don't have an income or decent amount of cash stacked up. Also, some people are too young and/or their parents wont allow them Paypal or a Credit/Debit card.

You could also spend 1-2 minutes a day posting, and per month that's going to add up.
(2011-08-21, 11:35 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]You could also spend 1-2 minutes a day posting, and per month that's going to add up.

It sure does add up.

2 minutes a day.
31 days a month.
That equates to 1 hour and 2 minutes.

I earn roughly $32 an hour at my current job.
By that theory, it is cheaper for me to pay for hosting.
(2011-08-21, 11:43 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-21, 11:35 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]You could also spend 1-2 minutes a day posting, and per month that's going to add up.

It sure does add up.

2 minutes a day.
31 days a month.

Well for you this works. Wink

(2011-08-21, 11:43 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]

It sure does add up.

2 minutes a day.
31 days a month.

First of all. If you read Koltons post, he made a point. p4h's are great for young'ins that don't have jobs. I started PenHacks on p4h. Than I upgraded as the site got popular and I was actually able to make money off of it.

Second of all. $32 per hour is no where near what an average person makes an hour. I don't know what the hell you do but you make a S#^$ load of money. Minimum wage is $9 and that is what a lot of people work for, than they have to pay bills and things so for them it might be a better choice to host their site on a p4h.
Pages: 1 2 3