MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rearranging welcome block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am copying an existing site design into a myBB template and I would like to have a Login, Register, and Search link at the top but I don't know how to make it so that when they are logged in it instead shows a Log out link. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the thread link: [edit]

Edit: I fixed this problem by making this plugin. Basically there are two variables you can edit and it will display one or the other depending on whether or not a user is logged in. Then you can place {$userbox} anywhere in your them and it will display the code.
you have removed myBB copyright ?? (see Support eligibility)
No, the css still needs some fine tuning and the link was black on black. I moved it up to the footer with the rest of the links.

I hope making a plugin isn't necessary for making something simple like this. Sad
do you need wordpress login / logout at the top of forum ? may be its better to simply remove those 2 links !!
Well ya, ideally I would like it to be the same in WP and myBB for consistency.

Like:

WP Top links (logged in):
Search, Logout

WP Top links (logged out):
Search, Login, Register, FB Connect

myBB Top links (logged in):
Search, Logout

myBB Top links (logged out):
Search, Login, Register, FB Connect

The search is a constant link so that is fine, and the FB connect is a plugin so that works but I need to replace the login and register with logout when a user is logged in.
^ that requires wordpress login / logout code { may be along with cookie set .. }
Sorry I should have been more clear. The myBB and Wordpress share a user database but not a cookies. So, basically they are separate.

The register and fbconnect links is a constant link (both mybb and wp) to the mybb registration form. Each software has its own logout and login link which behave as normal.

I'm writing a quick plugin now but I was hoping there was a simpler method.
^ simpler method could be something like this ..
Its pretty obvious your theme is built off accord. You should add the copyright back.
Okay, I fixed my issue with a simple plugin. I'm still interested if there is a better way and if anyone wants the code just pm me. Wink
Pages: 1 2