MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TeachGalaxy - Teaching Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2011-08-27, 01:42 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-27, 11:55 AM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]The site has improved with the posting and members bit. The forum has currently got 16 members, 204 posts in 51 threads. I would be glad if you could join and make some posts!

Lies! You have 205 posts!
Lies! I have 264 posts! Big Grin

(2011-08-27, 08:37 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great, but you removed the new/old/lock icons... how are your users suppose to know when there's new posts in a certain forum?
I didn't think they were nice, so I removed them. In my opinion, the index becomes messy if you have to many icons. And the members haven't complained yet, so... Toungue

(2011-08-31, 04:33 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I dislike your theme.
Thanks for your opinion. Could you tell me what you dislike about the theme so I could improve it. I always want to improve the forum, so I'd like to hear what you dislike.

(2011-08-31, 04:52 AM)KiLLMasTer Wrote: [ -> ]looks good to me ppl qq to much.......

Thanks man! What does qq mean? Cool
Nice colors for the main look. Take the forum stats off the index page, the board statistics are good enough.

You are going to have to figure out the one thing that people will come to your forum for. I understand that the idea is to have tutorials for many different things, but I have more tutorials on how to do things in Mybb on my board in my support forum, and it's definitely not a tutorial kind of forum.

This could be a good site, if it's a tutorial board then start making them and putting them up!

looking forward to seeing good things...

Cai
Thanks man! Any improvements I could do on the theme? I really don't want to take forum stats off the index page as it shows things that board statistics doesn't!

I think the forum has turned out to be more of a general discussion forum, but we have people from both sections. I mean, there's people that posts in the general topics and people that posts in the tutorial section.

But anyway, I like these kind of constructive feedback! Keep them coming! Hope you can register and post a bit! Smile
http://i.imgur.com/oUhBU.png

(2011-08-31, 08:41 AM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-27, 01:42 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-27, 11:55 AM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]The site has improved with the posting and members bit. The forum has currently got 16 members, 204 posts in 51 threads. I would be glad if you could join and make some posts!

Lies! You have 205 posts!
Lies! I have 264 posts! Big Grin

(2011-08-27, 08:37 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great, but you removed the new/old/lock icons... how are your users suppose to know when there's new posts in a certain forum?
I didn't think they were nice, so I removed them. In my opinion, the index becomes messy if you have to many icons. And the members haven't complained yet, so... Toungue

(2011-08-31, 04:33 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I dislike your theme.
Thanks for your opinion. Could you tell me what you dislike about the theme so I could improve it. I always want to improve the forum, so I'd like to hear what you dislike.

(2011-08-31, 04:52 AM)KiLLMasTer Wrote: [ -> ]looks good to me ppl qq to much.......

Thanks man! What does qq mean? Cool

(2011-08-28, 02:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is going to hate for this but... Damn man, looks a lot similar to RG (except the menu). Then again, I already confronted this about you when you asked me to design your theme then you clearly ignored me when I told you.
It does, really. For a minute I felt @ home, then I realized it wasn't RG. Sad

(2011-08-29, 07:35 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand why you are complaining. The only similar thing I find is the color scheme. Just because your thead bg's and trow bg's are black, it doesn't have to mean that I have copied your theme. I did also worked on the default theme with some template edits!
No. Just no. This is A LOT like Runegears, it's not just the 'color scheme'. It's the layout, the forums/categories, the colors, the overall feel. Oh, and get a lighter theme.

Honestly, is no one original. Undecided?
(2011-09-03, 03:59 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-28, 02:05 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is going to hate for this but... Damn man, looks a lot similar to RG (except the menu). Then again, I already confronted this about you when you asked me to design your theme then you clearly ignored me when I told you.

(2011-08-29, 07:35 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand why you are complaining. The only similar thing I find is the color scheme. Just because your thead bg's and trow bg's are black, it doesn't have to mean that I have copied your theme. I did also worked on the default theme with some template edits!
No. Just no. This is A LOT like Runegears, it's not just the 'color scheme'. It's the layout, the forums/categories, the colors, the overall feel. Oh, and get a lighter theme.

So, basically, whoever has a dark design copied it from Rune Gear? That's funny.

It has a different background, have a different menu structure, have different container design, and even header and footer color schemes are different.

I find it childish that you (The Elite) go on and call, every dark themes have copied Rune Gear.

Regarding Forum categories/forums design, both Rune Gear and Teach galaxy haven't modified the default MyBB theme's structure. How can you call that copying?
Kavin, I never said any dark design is instantly copying. It's the overall feel that is like Runegear. If you visit both sites, you'll see the resemblance, and you can't deny it. He probably posts it a lot because people are finding it hard to be original..
(2011-09-03, 03:59 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha. Congrats for being the most pathetic guy here in the MyBB Community. How can you even say that I copied RuneGears theme? You should take a look at the MyBB Default theme and compare it to mine. I just changed the colours, added a few plugins and edited the template a bit.

Please, don't act like a child. You and The Elite act like you two are gods, just because RuneGear has been successful. So get your lime out of here if you don't have something constructive/good to say.

And Kavin, thanks for your latest comment in this thread! Appreciate that! Big Grin

Kolton and The Elite don't talk orange about the site, both of the sites uses the default mybb design with different colors, I don't see what the problems is?

If everyone thought like you two retards then I could say that runegear is a copy of hackforums.net. Now gtfo and stop trashing his thread.
El Pistolero,
I took a look at both sites, and feel that it's very similar. I'm not saying you're trying to copy Runegear 100%, clearly your forum topic isn't Runescape. And, I don't consider myself a god at all. I'm simply stating my opinion, your forum is too dark and feels uncomfortably similar to Runegears.

Mukilo,
We can post our opinion, negative or positive. Hence a Showcase forum for feedback. Runegear doesn't use the same layout as Hackforums, I just checked. It's quite original in terms of the theme. But, we're not discussing that anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7