MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TeachGalaxy - Teaching Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well, I can take your opinion. But have you ever compared runegear.net to marketforums.org?
I'm guessing Marketforums.org was made after Runegear, and tbh it's not too similar in terms of theme.

And, I do congratulate you, as your topic is original. Try to focus on tutorials and such. And, you should get a lighter theme imo, dark is for gaming and such.
(2011-09-03, 04:01 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]El Pistolero,
I took a look at both sites, and feel that it's very similar. I'm not saying you're trying to copy Runegear 100%, clearly your forum topic isn't Runescape. And, I don't consider myself a god at all. I'm simply stating my opinion, your forum is too dark and feels uncomfortably similar to Runegears.

Mukilo,
We can post our opinion, negative or positive. Hence a Showcase forum for feedback. Runegear doesn't use the same layout as Hackforums, I just checked. It's quite original in terms of the theme. But, we're not discussing that anyway.

You do realize that both HF and TG uses the default mybb theme. Now, how can TG be a copy of RG while RG isn't a copy of HF?
Mukilol,
I realize they're both modified versions of the default mybb theme. Now what I'm saying is...

TG is very similar to RG. Hf can't be a copy of either 2 sites as it was made before, and I don't feel RG is copying HF because the theme is quite different. We're not discussing these 3 sites though..
Why can't we all just be friends and bake a big cake of happiness and all enjoy a slice while talking about our lives and oldest memories by a campfire?

/thread
(2011-09-03, 04:06 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I can take your opinion. But have you ever compared runegear.net to marketforums.org?

MarketForums bought my theme.
(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]So, basically, whoever has a dark design copied it from Rune Gear? That's funny.

You're a moron right here, just because the last 2 forums I've complained about HAVE referred to Rune Gears themes doesn't mean I can't complain. El whatever his name contacted me about designing his website WITH reference to the way Rune Gear is designed. The owner of cooll.net clearly copied Rune Gear but has changed his design.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]It has a different background, have a different menu structure, have different container design, and even header and footer color schemes are different.

You have no say in this to be honest, you're lack of knowledge in regards to designing MyBB themes astonishes me.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]I find it childish that you (The Elite) go on and call, every dark themes have copied Rune Gear.

I find it childish that you think YOU can design, and that you think I that I think every dark theme is a copy of mine.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding Forum categories/forums design, both Rune Gear and Teach galaxy haven't modified the default MyBB theme's structure. How can you call that copying?

Right there shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
(2011-09-04, 12:11 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-03, 04:06 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I can take your opinion. But have you ever compared runegear.net to marketforums.org?

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]So, basically, whoever has a dark design copied it from Rune Gear? That's funny.

You're a moron right here, just because the last 2 forums I've complained about HAVE referred to Rune Gears themes doesn't mean I can't complain. El whatever his name contacted me about designing his website WITH reference to the way Rune Gear is designed. The owner of cooll.net clearly copied Rune Gear but has changed his design.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]It has a different background, have a different menu structure, have different container design, and even header and footer color schemes are different.

You have no say in this to be honest, you're lack of knowledge in regards to designing MyBB themes astonishes me.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]I find it childish that you (The Elite) go on and call, every dark themes have copied Rune Gear.

I find it childish that you think YOU can design, and that you think I that I think every dark theme is a copy of mine.

(2011-09-03, 05:14 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding Forum categories/forums design, both Rune Gear and Teach galaxy haven't modified the default MyBB theme's structure. How can you call that copying?

I'm not going to start "Who is better in theme designing" debate again, The Elite. The last time you started such a debate with me in Forum Promotion, you got enough replies from other members to prove you wrong.

None of your themes, including Runegear's have any modification in things like postbit, from the default MyBB theme structure. And why should i be a pro of designing to say that?
Since your theme has the default MyBB structure, how can you say he copied yours? Why can't he do it from default MyBB theme?
(2011-09-04, 05:36 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-04, 12:11 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not going to start "Who is better in theme designing" debate again, The Elite. The last time you started such a debate with me in Forum Promotion, you got enough replies from other members to prove you wrong.

None of your themes, including Runegear's have any modification in things like postbit, from the default MyBB theme structure. And why should i be a pro of designing to say that?
Since your theme has the default MyBB structure, how can you say he copied yours? Why can't he do it from default MyBB theme?

I won't argue with you any further after reading your comment stating something about Forumpromotions member base. You think they're knowledgeable? HAH.
(2011-09-04, 11:45 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]I won't argue with you any further after reading your comment stating something about Forumpromotions member base. You think they're knowledgeable? HAH.

Yeah! They are not knowledgeable. But as i previously stated, you don't need to be a pro to say an opinion from user point of view. I guess they did that.

And let's not make this topic go any more offtopic. I'm not going to reply to this topic anymore.

----------------------------------------------

@El Pistolero:
Good luck. Your forum looks good. Just advertise it properly, and plan some unique ideas to make it successful.
Good site,its pretty nice,give the container some border with rgba colors.
@ elite : there are 1001 differences i can point from your runegear and Tg.
Please dont spam
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7