MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ideas for VIP membership features.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone here got some ideas for great features for a VIP membership for a MyBB Forum?
Completely depends on what audience your forum is catering to.
Custom User Title
Ability to Change Usernames
Ablility to have an Avatar
you really shouldn't offer a VIP service if you don't have anything to offer
(2011-08-22, 07:03 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Custom User Title
Ability to Change Usernames
Ablility to have an Avatar

These things doesn't attract any member these days.
(2011-08-23, 02:01 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]you really shouldn't offer a VIP service if you don't have anything to offer

Made my day.
(2011-08-22, 07:03 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Ablility to have an Avatar

This is something that I would refuse to join a forum because of. I don't want to pay for something that I can do for free at almost any other forum. GameDev.net has something similar, and I definitely took the time to get around that.

For another thing, it helps people distinguish between users, which is why I hate forums where you can only choose between a handful of default avatars.

Quote:you really shouldn't offer a VIP service if you don't have anything to offer

GD.net ran into that problem. I think people were kind of put off by the fact that basically the only thing they got was their own picture under their name. IDK if they restricted some of the extra (i.e. not forum default) features back down to help people want the VIP.
An arcade and secret forum are what I always add for VIP's.
I got an arcade.

And also I am working on a special forum game. Which will make it possible to get a lot of specials for VIP.

Also a custom Profile Design will be able for VIPs.
User customization that makes them stand out is probably the best thing to offer to VIPs on top of default features. Colored postbits, images in signatures, custom theme, etc.
Pages: 1 2