MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: 1.6/2.0 Global forum rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be nice to have Global forum rules displayed instead of "specific" forum. Even though, forum rules is a community thing and having a global variable, it can reduce the likelihood of violating the rules (but you will still have people doing it anyway).

In the current 1.6 you have the following option
  • Don't display rules in this forum
  • Display rules for this forum on the thread listing
  • Display a link to the rules in this forum

by adding a option to the list to "Display global rules in all thread listing" or something similar.
Hmm. An announcement can do this, i guess.
I don't find this necessary. Right now you can use the Help Documents for that or just a simple announcement or stuck thread can do it.
(2011-08-25, 08:49 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't find this necessary. Right now you can use the Help Documents for that or just a simple announcement or stuck thread can do it.

Agreed.

I mean having all the rules at the top of almost every page would be annoying. I like the way it is now where a specific forum may have some extra rules you want to remind people of.
^ Exactly.
Redundant. You already have announcements, the initial registration terms, help documents, stickied threads, etc. to work with.