MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Detect Duplicate Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Mybb Devolopers,
I Think Mybb Needs Duplicate Threads Detector .. Its Very Useful For A Forum. We Need We Can Active/Divactive When Users Want. I Hope This Is Good Plugin 4 Mybb..
Any Reply??
This is more suitable as a plugin imo.
And not really useful if you have decent moderators.
I don't think I would want my forum software querying the entire post/thread database each time a thread was made. Even with just topic titles or something it would get out of hand extremely quickly.
(2011-08-30, 01:55 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I would want my forum software querying the entire post/thread database each time a thread was made. Even with just topic titles or something it would get out of hand extremely quickly.

If the thread subjects and even the post messages had MD5 hashes created at add/edit time, the do_newthread and do_newreply portions could MD5 the new content and search for that in the thread and post tables.

I just did a simple search for my username in the posts table (1+ million records) and it took 0.07 seconds. Its not super fast but not a dog either, and that field is not even indexed.