MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHp Mail And smtp is not working on mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

i have installed myybb two days ago, on my forum- www.itsmaker.com/forums

when any new user signups to my forum, it doesnt send confirmation email. and mass mail list, is also not working, i have tried both php mail, and smtp with gmail seting,

plz help me
check if you have any error messages at admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> system mail log

see also : Help: mail
Also try this one:

Admin Panel > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Mass Mail (click the icon of "run this task now")

Otherwise, the problem might be due to your server's configuration or its IPs.
Try this test script first to make sure your the email on your server/host actually works.

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail
i am geting this error while phpmail was on-
The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message.

and while i was using smtp server-

The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 220 smtp.mailhostbox.com ESMTP Postfix

and this error while i was using gmail`s smtp-

The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. j45sm3782683yhe.78

and my server`s phpmail is working i have tested by this http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail

these error was in system mail log
So the PHP mail test from the wiki worked, but mail is still not being sent via PHP Mail from your forum?
(2011-08-23, 10:20 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]So the PHP mail test from the wiki worked, but mail is still not being sent via PHP Mail from your forum?
ya thats my problem,

and now i am geting this error-

The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 530 5.7.0 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Authentication Required

Contact your host with those error messages. They should know whats going on.