MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme ripped. Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Looks like they use Cloud Flare, you might have some luck under their TOS: https://www.cloudflare.com/terms.html
Thanks, Tim, I've contacted CloudFlare.
I just need to clarify that we can only release the IP address of the server with a valid copyright complaint like that. Since the content is actually on the origin server, you would then use that information to contact the hosting provider.
Ok.

This gave me a MASSIVE laugh..

It's newest (v.) version of rules:
- We are not responsible for any content on the site.

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i am not in any way related to a business that makes and develops skins or Modifications nor shall i contact the authors of the resources provided on this forum."

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i am not in any way affiliated with a business that makes and developes Skins or Modifications."

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i will not raise a complaint against this website or contact local or international authorities when i find copyrighted material or material that is offensive, seems out of place, offends any of my local laws or belongs to me."

ROFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
In the release thread on there it says someone informed the author so I'm guessing you got in contact with him?
I doubt CloudFlare will help you much. Remember, they protected LulSec and spammer sites. And they also have no control over the content. All they can give you is the IP I think.
Hope you get that download taken down.
Gosh the stupidity in some people just makes me sad sometimes -
I remember one time a guy I knew was having legal issues, he decided to e-mail the other party (and me as well, he wanted me to read it over.. after the e-mail was sent.) - stating something along these lines:

"If you do not reply back you agree to drop the DMCA"
"If you reply back you agree to drop the DMCA"

I blocked him.
(2011-08-23, 08:42 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.

This gave me a MASSIVE laugh..

It's newest (v.) version of rules:
- We are not responsible for any content on the site.

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i am not in any way related to a business that makes and develops skins or Modifications nor shall i contact the authors of the resources provided on this forum."

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i am not in any way affiliated with a business that makes and developes Skins or Modifications."

- "I, under penalty of perjury, swear that i will not raise a complaint against this website or contact local or international authorities when i find copyrighted material or material that is offensive, seems out of place, offends any of my local laws or belongs to me."

ROFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This thread is full of bad information.

Steps are simple.

1. Find host.
2. Send proper DMCA notice to abuse department of host
3. Send DMCA notice to datacenter
4. Send DMCA notice to website owner
5. Send DMCA notice to file sharing site if content is located at places like Mediafire.

Eventually someone is going to take the content down unless it's hosted either in the NL or somewhere like China/Russia. For the most part these sites can't afford offshore hosting and most offshore hosting is unreliable.

The thread has been removed the site, hopefully.
(2011-08-23, 10:58 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is full of bad information.

Steps are simple.

1. Find host.
2. Send proper DMCA notice to abuse department of host
3. Send DMCA notice to datacenter
4. Send DMCA notice to website owner
5. Send DMCA notice to file sharing site if content is located at places like Mediafire.

Eventually someone is going to take the content down unless it's hosted either in the NL or somewhere like China/Russia. For the most part these sites can't afford offshore hosting and most offshore hosting is unreliable.

Russian and Swedish servers are for questionable legality.
Hosting in our country abides normal laws.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5