MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem when trying to install myBB.
When I had to to type in the details for the database configuration, I doublechecked with my host and typed in the right details. The installer then said there was an error somewhere but there can't be so I'm don't know what the problem is.
Please help!
If MyBB can't establish a connection, then the details are wrong. Tripe-check them.
(2011-08-23, 02:46 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If MyBB can't establish a connection, then the details are wrong. Tripe-check them.

copy/paste usually works quite well
(2011-08-23, 02:42 PM)Eddykasp Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem when trying to install myBB.
When I had to to type in the details for the database configuration, I doublechecked with my host and typed in the right details. The installer then said there was an error somewhere but there can't be so I'm don't know what the problem is.
Please help!

I seem to find no solution, so say I were to use sqlite3 what should I write as the database path
It's the path where you want to save the SQLite file. But you shouldn't use SQLite just because you can't connect to MySQL. One of the credentials must be wrong. What are you entering in Database Server Hostname, for example?
the hostname is rdbms.strato.de
Try putting in localhost instead.

And have you created the database? Is the name correct?
i used the username and the database name my host gave me after i created the database
Does the database name match the name you used when creating the database?

Have you tried putting in localhost in Database Server Hostname as I told you?
yes i've tried already
it seems to have been caused by my laptop when i tried it on my ipod it worked fine