MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ignore them, those are your images, your code, it is yours.

To what I know windows can't sue me for using a exacly-looking-like windows 7 theme in mac or vice versa.

And, obviously they will tell you that you can't use it...
(2011-08-25, 05:50 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore them, those are your images, your code, it is yours.

To what I know windows can't sue me for using a exacly-looking-like windows 7 theme in mac or vice versa.

You have a point there...Angel
(2011-08-25, 05:52 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-25, 05:50 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore them, those are your images, your code, it is yours.

You have a point there...Angel
I second it and I don't think unless you used any images or code of them, you need not to have fear of any copyrights issue, thats just me btw.

Your theme looks sexy though. Blush

I am fairly sure the icons and thead gradient are directly from IPB.
(2011-08-25, 06:41 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly sure the icons and thead gradient are directly from IPB.

Indeed they are.

(you cant copyright a gradient)
Well, hurry up and release it then.
(2011-08-25, 06:58 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, hurry up and release it then.

Its 4am. Maybe tomorrow Big Grin.
(2011-08-25, 06:28 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I second it and I don't think unless you used any images or code of them, you need not to have fear of any copyrights issue, thats just me btw.

You can't make a tablet that looks like an iPad, and yet Samsung doesn't use the same parts - look where they are.

As I understand it, unless they have the "look" registered as a trademark or registered copyright, you can create your own version based on the style. That, unfortunately, means you can't copy the gradient or use images/code from the original.

It's a question of ethics. Personally, I wouldn't do it. You're a better designer than to create something that someone has already done.
OH Com'on, I really want it!
Pages: 1 2