MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot upgrade the database due to not beeing able to login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

after doing some search and browsing through different threads i am kind of stuck on my investigation where my thinking goes wrong.
Here is what i am doing:

1. I have a running mybb board on a free site which i want to move to my webserver. I asked the free site for an sql dump of the mybb tables and i got it.
It looks perfectly fine but seem to be an older version. Unfortunately i could not find out which mybb version the free site is using.

2. I downloaded the current version 1.6.4 from here and put the zipped file on the server and unzipped it there.

3. I went through the installation and selected mybb0_ as a table prefix. Installation was successful. Board was up and running.

4. I restored the mybb_ tables from the free site into the same database. As the new one has mybb0_ there is no interference.

5. I edited the config.php file and changed the table prefix to match my restored tables and removed the lock file from the install folder.

6. Now i get the error message that the board has not been upgraded yet, which is correct.

Up until now everything went smoth without any problems. Now what happens is.
I go the upgrade page and get two warnings:
Quote:Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in ../inc/class_session.php on line 371
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/virtual/targle.com/htdocs/jenseits/inc/class_session.php:371) in ../inc/functions.php on line 1669
I exchanged the full path with ..

When i try to logon with the old admin username and the old password i get back into the logon screen with the two messages above and an additional 3 warnings.
Complete warning now look like this:
Quote:Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in ../inc/class_session.php on line 371

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/virtual/targle.com/htdocs/jenseits/inc/class_session.php:371) in ../inc/functions.php on line 1669

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/virtual/targle.com/htdocs/jenseits/inc/class_session.php:371) in ../install/upgrade.php on line 228

When i try to logon with the old admin username and a wrong password i get the message that the password is incorrect.
So obviously the password check does work.

From my research so far i found out that it must have something to do with the cookie setting and the host/domainname.
Of course i tried several solutions like deleting all cookies and stuff but nothing worked so far.

I took a look into mybb_settings and changed homeurl, cookiedomain and cookiepath to the same values as in mybb0_settings (the working and up to date one).

Still the same problem.

Now this is where i am stuck.

I already did what is suggested on the web and in the sticky thread about logons like:
checking the permissions on settings.php
reuploading it
deleting and regenerating

Did not help.

Question:
1. Anybody having any hints for me ?
2. Is there an SQL upgrade script that i can run manually on the mysql tables ? I can see that the new tables have more columns than the old tables.

Thanks for any information in advance
Jean-Luc

P.S.: Not using my real name as i don't want it to come up on search engines.
If you are not able to login in ACP and want to change cookie settings, then log in to your ftp and get the file. setting.php . open it and add the cookie path and domain there.

The same thing i also tried but I was successful.
here is the method i used.
1. Backup all my form + database
2. Installed mybb 1.6.4 with default settings.
3. replace settings.php and config.php after installing.
4.login php my admin and remove all tables.
4. Use www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ to import database but in my case it only transfer 35% of tables.
5. I login to php my admin, and add the remaining tables from there.

and all okay ! This is what I've done on my form while moving it from one place to another
(2011-08-24, 08:03 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are not able to login in ACP and want to change cookie settings, then log in to your ftp and get the file. setting.php . open it and add the cookie path and domain there.

The same thing i also tried but I was successful.
here is the method i used.
1. Backup all my form + database
2. Installed mybb 1.6.4 with default settings.
3. replace settings.php and config.php after installing.
4.login php my admin and remove all tables.
4. Use www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ to import database but in my case it only transfer 35% of tables.
5. I login to php my admin, and add the remaining tables from there.

and all okay ! This is what I've done on my form while moving it from one place to another

Thanks for you feedback.

I already deleted settings.php and allowed the regeneration. It copies over the cookiepath information from the amended values in the tables.
So the information is both correct in the settings.php and in the mybb_settings table.

My approach was similar to yours. Besides the backup and restore thing. I did that directly in mysql. So all the tables are there and in proper shape but for an older mybb version. I need to upgrade the tables, but cannot run the upgrader.

An plain sql upgrade script would help me a lot. But i couldnt find one yet.
I didnt think so there is a difference of tables what was your older version?
if it is the case. then copy the settings.php config.php and take the backup of important things and upload it. e.g.
mybb_users, mybb_posts, mybb_templates and backup
Hi,

My suggestion to you would be to find out what version it is by doing what this post says:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-85359-p...#pid625173

And then install that version from the downloads site, and then upgrade to 1.6.4.

Hope this helps! Smile.