MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb lisencing enquiry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
are we allowd to distrobute mybb and its updates on our sites? or is it not in the liscence?
That is strictly not allowed, as stated in the License.

Quote:Reproduction and Distribution
You may not reproduce or distribute the MyBB SOFTWARE for any reason with out express written consent from the entire MyBulletinBoard seat holding Admin Board.
thats why i was asking
Well all this is in the license which is within the release of MyBB Smile
or over at the wiki [Wiki: License] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Well this struck me as suprising...I would've thought that was released under the GPL/GNU license, and you'd promote the distribution of it but of course not the modification to it.

I hope you're not going to do what IPB did...create this kind of license then later on go paid only, etc. Toungue
Chris has said numerious times that MyBB will stay free.
willow Wrote:thats why i was asking

If you're asking for specific permission to redistribute MyBB on your site, I suggest you contact Chris Boulton by email or PM. Otherwise, it is not allowed as I stated above.

EGS Wrote:Well this struck me as suprising...I would've thought that was released under the GPL/GNU license, and you'd promote the distribution of it but of course not the modification to it.

I hope you're not going to do what IPB did...create this kind of license then later on go paid only, etc. Toungue

Yeah it's not GPL. Regarding modifications, anyone may apply anyone else's modifications, as opposed to what is stated in the License (which is due to be updated) 'You may add modifications ("HACKS") to the software that MyBulletinBoard personally releases.'
what about bugcorrections? or something =)
bug corrections? if you got an bug and know how to fix it you should report it in the bug reports forum.
btw.. Didnt you read in the installation the licence? I guess no, but you accept it... the next time please read the licence of all software you install
Pages: 1 2