MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum cut off horizontally when window size reduced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this problem I noticed where, if I make the screen horizontally smaller to the point where a scroll bar appears, I use it to move over and my forum is cut off at the edge so that, even when I scroll over, it is still cut off. I don't know how else to describe it My forum is at
Its a problem with the way the themes width was coded. Nothing you can do about it as I investigate at 5am.
(2011-08-25, 08:43 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Its a problem with the way the themes width was coded. Nothing you can do about it as I investigate at 5am.

lol thanks. Any other input. I guess maybe I need a new theme. Do you think this is wroth switching themes over or no?
find below code in the global.css for your theme
#panel .upper ul.top_links {
	float: right;
	font-weight: bold;
}

change to below AND hard refresh your browser ( use CTRL + F5 - may be 3 - 5 times)
#panel .upper ul.top_links {
	float: right;
	font-weight: bold;
        width: 600px;
}
Thanks but that didn't work. It just messed up my menu positing so I deleted the extras code. Perhaps I need to insert it somewhere else?
Bump. I really need help with this. Go to and make the page smaller by resizing it horizontally until a scroll bar appears. Then scroll over and see what happens.
find below code in global.css
.wrapper {
    margin: auto;
    max-width: 1500px;
    min-width: 970px;
    width: 85%;
}

replace with below code AND hard refresh your browser (CTRL + F5) a couple of times
.wrapper {
}

Thanks so much ranjani. This worked like a charm. Now I don't mean to be a total pain but is there a way to make it so that the scroll bar still appears but it just actually scrolls over?

(2011-08-27, 04:32 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]find below code in global.css
.wrapper {
    min-width: 970px;
}

replace with below code AND hard refresh your browser (CTRL + F5) a couple of times
.wrapper {
}