MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images not displaying from outside domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have kind a weird problem.

I am running MyBB on LAMP server that installed on a Hyper V vm.

From inside my network everything looks great. When I try to access forums from outside my network I have 2 problems.

1) Forums are very slow to load. Probably a firewall issue I am guessing.

2) More importantly when I try to access the forums from outside my network none of the board images display. I am passing port 80 through the firewall. Am I missing something else I need to pass through?

Thanks,

Joe
For issue 1, are you accessing them via direct IP? If not, it could be a mixture of your firewall (both at router and server level) and your DNS server.

As for the other issue, do you mean images from your theme? It's possibly an issue with your board URL settings.
Yes, I am accessing them via direct IP both inside and outside. I will take a look at the board URL settings.
If the board URL is set to your internal IP, you'll have to change it to the external one. That's all I can think of atm.
Thanks, that was exactly the problem.

What exactly does the board URL do?
It's used in URLs for stylesheets, board links and more Wink It's not used a lot, but it's used enough to muck things up if it's wrong Wink