MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to i make it load...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So instead of my website loading index.php i want it to load portal.php instead. How do i do that?
(2011-08-25, 09:01 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mypurebb.com/904-use-mybb-por...-homepage/

Doing that messed up my website. But the only line in .htaccess is DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php. Did i mess up?
Mess up isn't very descriptive. What's the error? Or better yet, what's your forum URL?

If you're using Google SEO or the SEF links, then you need to add that line along with the rest of the rewrite rules.
Edit: I fixed the error message. But when i load the website it still loads the index.php
That's odd. First thing to check is if you can actually use .htaccess files with your host - a few don't let you, though it's not common. Who are you hosted with?
i am using zxq for my host. They say that isn't compatible of some sorts. So is there anyother way i can make my portal my homepage?
You'll have to rename portal.php to index.php and rename index.php to forums.php. There's also a core edit you'll have to do I believe.