MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration problem after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the latest version today and all went well; however, I discovered the following problem:

People who attempt to register for my forums get a paragraph to agree with and when the click on "agree" they see this message:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'recaptchalib.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/j/i/m/jimadrian/html/forums/inc/plugins/recaptcha.php on line 177

recaptcha.php is in that directory but I have no way of knowing how to correct line 177.

I then deleted recaptcha.php and when clicking on "agree" I got this different message:

/home/content/j/i/m/jimadrian/html/forums/inc/languages/english/regsecureq.lang.php does not exist.

I found that regsecureq.lang.php is missing in both the current version (1.6.4) and my last version (1.6.2)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian
you may have not uploaded regsecureq.lang.php file to the required location (./forums/inc/languages/english/)
check / reupload it AND you may disable recaptcha plugin and try registering on the forum ..
(2011-08-26, 04:51 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you may have not uploaded regsecureq.lang.php file to the required location (./forums/inc/languages/english/)
check / reupload it AND you may disable recaptcha plugin and try registering on the forum ..

ranjani,

Thank you for this information. I did find the missing file and uploaded it. I also deleted the plugin. I all works now, but how do I get back the benefit of recaptcha.php, or do I really need it?

I have also noticed that the email that is supposed to come to the registrant's address never comes. I tried it with three email addresses for different user names. What's up with that?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian
I feel that default captcha and security question plug-in should be sufficient
AND recaptcha plugins found to be not working for some ... ( see reviews , search results )
Both recaptcha and te registration sucurity question are plugins. You should have deactivated all your plugins before updating and reactivate them after upgrading. It also seems like you also somehow deleted the plugin files hence the error messages. In future when upgrading make sure you deactivate the plugins and double check that the files weren't deleted before you reactivate after the upgrade.
Jim.. I had a similar problem losing notifications (email responses) after upgrading to 1.6.4, I tried everything I know (very little as I'm a newbie), anyway I deleted my PHP Mail setup and switched to SMPT and all my notifications emails now work. If this is an option you can consider it may work for you too. No clue why I could not get PHP Mail to run...

Grumpy

(2011-08-26, 06:54 AM)jadrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-26, 04:51 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]you may have not uploaded regsecureq.lang.php file to the required location (./forums/inc/languages/english/)

ranjani,

Thank you for this information. I did find the missing file and uploaded it. I also deleted the plugin. I all works now, but how do I get back the benefit of recaptcha.php, or do I really need it?

I have also noticed that the email that is supposed to come to the registrant's address never comes. I tried it with three email addresses for different user names. What's up with that?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian