MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An SQL toolbox, textarea where you can write an sql query, you can access from the ACP and run SQL queries inside of, kinda like phpmyadmin.
Would be great for advanced users.
I think it may be a security risk, say if someone hacked your account, they'd be free to do anything.
True, still most script kiddies doesn't "destroy" the forum they just play with it adding some crap javascript or whatever. I think it would be an nifty feature, maybe asking for the password to the mysql server when trying to enter.
but if you must enter in the MySQL password, and you want other admins of the board to use the feature, then you must give them the direct password, which is also a security risk
If you gave out the password to someone you do not trust you are just stupid. (you as in everyone)
This life teach me to dont trust in noone, but go ontopic, maybe instead of the direct MySQL password, a different password, just for that feature
Trust is something you need, if you do not have trust then you are screwed, you'll be doing everything yourself then.
Since this will control the whole MySQL what would be the point of that?
If you get the password of the MySQL database the admin doesn't even know what the database name is.
Why should this be in a discussion board instead of in something like phpMyAdmin?
CraKteR Wrote:If you get the password of the MySQL database the admin doesn't even know what the database name is.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/s...bases.html

If you mean table names:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/show-tables.html
I think this would be a great feature, but my first thought was also security. If this feature had been in 1.1.3, the script kiddies could've just run DROP TABLE on everything and wiped out entire forums. The presence of this feature would also make MyBB a more appealing target for malicious script kiddies.

This might make a nice plugin though, with its own security features such as a seperate password and possibly restrictions such as not allowing DROP or to be run on tables.
Pages: 1 2