MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admins Hang Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Forum Name: Admins Hang Out
Forum URL: Join Us
Forum Type: Resources
Forum Description: Here you will have access to do with anything to do with running a forum, even if you are new to running a forum or have been doing it for years. From Forum Software Discussion, Search Engine Optimisation - SEO, Programming, And so much more. Number 1 Admin, is here to improve your online goals.
Side Notes: We have only opened our doors today so we are still very new.
The good thing is, you had some content and filled up every Forums before opening. This is a good move as you should not open an empty Forum.

But there are somethings which will need improvement.
1) Domain doesn't make much sense as it doesn't sound professional. Also a .info would make people avoid your Forum most of the times. Try getting a .com or .net
2) The theme is good, but a lighter theme would suite better for your Forum niche.
It also have some bugs like the menu isn't showing up correctly, and when we press login in welcomeblock, the username and password fields appear but login button isn't appearing.
3) Get a new logo. This one doesn't look good. Try making a simple but professional one.

Good luck. Smile
Nice copyright removal.
(2011-08-26, 09:44 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Nice copyright removal.

Lol. +1

Powered By © 2002-2011 MyBB Group © 2011 number1admin.info. Hosted by Hostgator

Some Icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane and SoniQuake.

So i am not sure what you mean????
(2011-08-26, 07:40 PM)The-Dragon-Man Wrote: [ -> ]

Powered By © 2002-2011 MyBB Group © 2011 number1admin.info. Hosted by Hostgator

So i am not sure what you mean????

He meant the theme copyright.
There was a few problems with the site but now it has all been fixed.

This is all that is in the files i have not edited i just download it and uploaded the files.
You should create a custom theme... Then you wouldn't have to worry about any copyright.
Its not me that edited it i just downloaded the theme so if there is no copyright on it well i am sorry to say its not my fault. If i knew it i would add it myself so they would be no problem.

And i knew how to create a theme i would.
Why do people like to keep the forum stats up on the index page when they have no stats to speak of? Get rid of that for now, the board statistics is good enough and the forum stats are always available at the bottom.

I am an administrator of a Mybb board so I'm always interested in a new admin board. Nice threads, but what is it that sets your site apart from the many other admin boards that are out there? This is a question you'll have to figure out if you want to get and keep admins coming to your board.

I'm not happy with the admin board I currently frequent and I'll tell you why, maybe that will give you some enlightenment, maybe it won't lol!

I'm a Mybb admin, and it's okay that an admin board is a different software, but I'd really like to see more discussion, tuts and fixes of the common problems Mybb admins go thru when just starting up. If you don't know these common problems, find out what they are and make the tuts.....New Mybb admins will love to come to your site, and will continue to use your site.

If I have a problem, and I've come to your admin site to try and solve it.....at least answer my question with "I DON'T KNOW" rather than ignore it. As an admin site, you should always have the last word, don't leave any threads with questions in them from members or potential members hanging.

Good start, your organization is impressive! Again, nice threads, can't wait to see more!

hope I've helped...

Cai
Pages: 1 2 3