MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Phpbb2 database configuration error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
Searched the threads here and failed to find an answer to my problem.
I converted from zetaboards to phpbb2 to mybb, seeing as there isn't a direct way to convert from zetaboards. However, after converting to phpbb2, I can't import the database through the merge plugin.

It gives me an internal SQL error, attached a screenshot here.
I'm using MyBB 1.6.4 and merge system 1.6.1 and phpbb2.0.23
... and it's on localhost, using MAMP 2.0
PHP: 5.3.6
MySQL: 5.5.9

edit. tried it by converting first to SMF2.0 and got the same error
You must be using MySQL 5.5 or higher. Smile
More detail into that: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1379
This has been covered in many threads already, and fixed on the dev tracker. Good luck Wink

And convert directly, not via SMF2 in the middle Smile
How can I convert directly when I don't have access to the database in zetaboards?
I am confused by this.... Unless the crawler has been updated to include zetaboards, but it wasn't mentioned in the version I found.

It gives the same error when using mysql 5.5.15, will try the fix that was linked next.. thank you

Help a poor blonde chick out please Big Grin

Edit:
Okay, fixed the mysql error, although the link you gave Jordan & Dylan, had outdated info for the newest version of the merge tool, only needed to fix one instance of the text.
Is there an easier way to port zetaboards to mybb?
I'm still just testing on localhost before migrating all of this to my server.
I'm sorry, I missed the zetaboards part. I thought you did phpBB2->SMF2->MyBB. Yes, either SMF2 or phpBB2 can be done to MyBB. A crawler for zetaboards doesn't exist, especially since our Merge System isn't a crawler at all.

Also, just for a heads up, zetaboards and other such hosts consider such crawlers to be illegal, and thus MyBB will never support one that converts directly to us. Sad, but true.

You should be up and running now with the db changes I mentioned (Jordan linked you to the one for Core MyBB instead of the Merge System, but it all works Wink ) so I'm marking this as Solved.