MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New users do not get confirmation email.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use free host for my forum and I getting this error in System Mail Log

"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

They only support people with premium account but does anyone know if x10hosting.com support php mail? :/
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
I did get the message "Mail was sent by PHP" so it should work right? :/
Did you actually receive the email though?
(2011-09-10, 11:20 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually receive the email though?

no [Image: facepalm.gif]
I was also facing the same problem, users were making complaint to me, but when i personally sign up for an account then i saw that the email was coming to junk/spam... make it sure that you are having a look on spam/junk also for the confirmation email.

thanks
(2011-09-11, 08:52 AM)FriendMaza.Com Wrote: [ -> ]I was also facing the same problem, users were making complaint to me, but when i personally sign up for an account then i saw that the email was coming to junk/spam... make it sure that you are having a look on spam/junk also for the confirmation email.

thanks

Yes I recive the email when I sign up too.But they don't have it in spam/junk either. I guess the webhost doesn't support it
i had the same problem.

but i fixed it.

goto your host and make email account.
Pages: 1 2