MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cache problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I recently moved my forum + domain to a new host. But the problem is. every member has to clear his web browser cache and then flush dns to view the forum on new host. Other wise error message from old host comes. Any way to get rid of it?
No, not really. That's just how DNS propagation works. You can't speed it up, as far as I know.

Users will also have to login again, because the cookie settings changed.
But I also faced the same issue. Members are not able to see mine site untill the removing cache and flushing dns. I recently checked a member's through teamviwer
Like I said, that's just how DNS propagation works. There's not much you can do about it.

DNS propagation are like viruses, they spread. If a virus starts in Germany, then it will obviously get to France much faster than it will to China. Likewise, if your server is in Germany, users in France will get the new DNS information much faster than users in China will. To speed up this process, users can empty their cache and flush their DNS.
Normally, The time for this DNS proagation?
It's normal that they need to flush their DNS because Windows/Linux are caching these entries.
But they will flush them also by themselves after the default expire time.
So, after changing server, it's just need some time before the cache is up to date.

The website-caching problem is same but is browser specified. Only workaround: Send No-Cache Header from beginning or use a short expire time like 10-30 minutes
I thought there's some thing with mybb cache .
No, there is nothing wrong. This is all normal...
Quote:Only workaround: Send No-Cache Header from beginning or use a short expire time like 10-30 minutes
How to do that ?
It's useless now, you already changed web hosts.

There is nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.
Pages: 1 2 3