MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum is suddenly hanging when loading pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Starting today, every few pages on my forum takes several seconds to load. Right now it's almost unusable for me. I have it on a VPN that runs fast so I don't think it's a general server issue, especially since the debugging info shows that pages are being processed quickly:

Quote:Generated in 0.0934091 seconds (86.55% PHP / 13.45% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 18 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0426822 / Memory Usage: 7.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.56 / GZip Compression: Disabled

A Wordpress site I have on the VPN loads fine. The CPU and memory usage is normal. I didn't install or modify anything on the forum for this problem to happen.

I contacted my host and they think it's a Javascript issue, but I'm having problems in the admin part of my forum as well. To duplicate the problem, try to open a few threads at the same time from this thread list:

http://www.rooshvforum.com/forum-4.html

Some load instantly, and others take several seconds.

Any suggestions?
Your debug stats look fine. And if you haven't modified MyBB or installed any plugins, then your host is most certainly the issue. Have you tried enabling GZIP compression? Also, what version of MyBB are you running?
what will happen if he enabled his gzip compresion?
It should be a little faster.
The debug stats can be misleading. The debug info is generated before the page is completely processed; there are hooks called afterwards and then there are shutdown functions. None of that would be represented by the debug info.

Enabling gzip increases CPU usage on the server, it reduces bandwidth usage though. And that's only if the webserver doesn't do gzip by itself anyway. If this is your own VPS server, rather than using MyBB's gzip setting, you should just configure your webserver properly.

Your site is very slow for me. According to Firebug/Page speed, your webserver is badly configured. In particular no gzip and no cache. Those are obvious things you can fix easily, and they might help a little. Your real issue, on the other hand, is most likely something else, and it's not easy or even possible to tell from the outside. It could be something like your webserver/PHP not allowed to work on several requests concurrently.
Enabling GZIP should help.
thanks for the reply favios
lol. Anyway where can i enable that?
My host figured out that that it was an incorrect firewall setting. Everything works fine now. Should I enable gzip? I have a high bandwidth allowance that I'm not close to reaching.
(2011-08-27, 03:24 AM)zephiroth Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the reply favios
lol. Anyway where can i enable that?

Quote:Go to ACP Home ยป Board Settings
Server and Optimization Options > Use GZip Page Compression? > GZip Page Compression Level

or:
Quote:http://www.nadlerzforum.com/ADMIN/index....nge&gid=17 (change it to your board URL)