MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Print Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot figure out for the life of me what happened! The code looks fine to me, and at some point it did work... Huh

EDIT: Just kidding, looks like I accidentally uploaded an older non-working version I had locally instead of the one from my dev server. Submitted to the mod site.
Link?
(2011-09-05, 02:22 PM)KrinkleGator Wrote: [ -> ]Link?
It's the same link in the first post to the Mods site, but it hasn't been approved yet so the link is "invalid".
Yay! Kudos to Steven!

100 Thank You's!
Hi, thanks for the plugin!

My forum users need a way to print a single post as-is, with all its formatting, colour, font sizes, thumbnails / inserted pictures between text lines, everything, as the post appears on screen - but only that one post, nothing else.

In an ideal world, there would be a few additional features:
- option to "switch off" the background colour to white (saves ink)
- aspect ratio correct stretching of the post to meet with left and right edge of paper
- optionally, leave space at the left edge so the whole post is visible when the paper goes into a ring binder
- for posts that end up longer than one page: multi-page friendly page break positioning, possibly manually (so pictures and text lines don't get split in half at the page break)

I'm just realising that essentially what I want is something that takes a screenshot of the post, and then acts like the print manager of the basic picture viewer in windows - where the user can choose many options of how a picture is supposed to end up on the paper.

Can this plugin do the basics of this? Is there one that does?

If not, could this plugin be made to do this.....? I have no idea how much work that would mean, so please don't be offended if I'm asking for something insanely time consuming to program.

Any pointers very much appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Matt
Pages: 1 2