MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: blocking all images for guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there. How would I block all images for guests please. Both attached and hotlinked. But I would like them to know that there is a picture there.

Any suggestions helpful. I assume there will be 2 answers here. Look forward to hearing them.

regards, M
(2011-08-26, 11:26 PM)scottybuzz Wrote: [ -> ]But I would like them to know that there is a picture there.

Don't "Not Allow" guests to see pictures, just "replace" all the pictures with an custom image saying "Log In or Register To See This Image" or something like that. But I have no idea how to do that lol.
Yes that is what i want please Smile or something similar. Vbulletin shows just an image to signal there is an image there, when clicking it takes you to register page. wondering if something similar for mybb.

Regards.m
i think easiest way is a plugin, hooking the attachment system or recoding the attachement system by yourself sending out an error 403 page if a guest trys to access (exception images, there you should send out an "no access" image or something like this!)
is there such a plugin or do i have to make one myself?
i didn't seen one yet.
but there could be one in the mod section
take a look there....

also if you have programming knowledge try to code...
i think i will make a plugin for it next week if needed
that would be great if you could, because I could not find anything and I have no knowledge on how to code.
any ideas bump
(2011-08-27, 12:25 AM)Kapsonfire Wrote: [ -> ]i didn't seen one yet.
but there could be one in the mod section
take a look there....

also if you have programming knowledge try to code...
i think i will make a plugin for it next week if needed

hey there, sorry to bother you but did you figure this out
hide images from guest plugin is closest you will get
what is the guest plugin please?
Pages: 1 2