MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move post from one thread to another without having to split it into a new topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Come on, please? Can't count how many times I've had to split posts into their own topic and then merge that topic into another topic. So complicated for such a simple thing.
1+ for this one Smile
Why MyBB 2.0? That's 2-3 years from now on. You're gonna have to do the same thing until then.

I think this could be added in 1.6, it would be a nice improvement.
(2011-08-27, 06:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Why MyBB 2.0? That's 2-3 years from now on. You're gonna have to do the same thing until then.

I think this could be added in 1.6, it would be a nice improvement.

There is already a plugin for that, so don't think they will add this up for mybb 1.6
I don't see why that's a reason not to include it...

You'll be seeing quite a few plugins as default features in the near future.
(2011-08-27, 07:02 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why that's a reason not to include it...

You'll be seeing quite a few plugins as default features in the near future.

Is that confirmed? And I meant that 1.6.x versions are not "suppose" to include new features, and because we are waiting "Spam Ninja" for 1.6.5/x there is not much hope for something like this imo.
We're all open to improving 1.6. The latest version already added many new features, and there is more coming for sure.
I cannot think of a situation in any one of the forums I've moderated that would require me to move posts between threads; it simply disrupts the flow of conversation.

Best kept as a plugin, for me.
Someone makes a post about x subject in topic why when there is already a topic x.

And yes I would prefer to see it in 1.6 but I've suggested this loads of times and it was never added. Is there a plugin for it? Where?
(2011-08-27, 10:41 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Someone makes a post about x subject in topic why when there is already a topic x.

And yes I would prefer to see it in 1.6 but I've suggested this loads of times and it was never added. Is there a plugin for it? Where?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/move-posts

It is suppose to work with Google SEO
Pages: 1 2 3