MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bundling of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it will be possible to bundle MyBB with another portal for sale? It will be distributed with the portal with minor (bridging) modifications made to it.

Thanks
No.

[Wiki: License] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Reproduction and Distribution
You may not reproduce or distribute the MyBB SOFTWARE for any reason with out express written consent from the entire MyBulletinBoard seat holding Admin Board.

However, if I am not wrong, you can do up a page for step-by-step modfication for MyBB files for it to work with your portal.

I am not 100% right, you might want to ask a MyBB Group member.
hmm you can't distribute any modified mybb or any mybb package, so what you can do is to make your bridging of the portal as a plugin for mybb.

regards
You will have to contact Chris Boulton privately and get specific permission to do this. Without this "written consent" you are strictly not allowed to redistribute MyBB for any price.
Thanks for the information, it's very helpful.
The more I use MyBB, the more I like it. I started looking into it with version RC4 but had to give it up and went back to phpBB but now I'm looking into it again and it's looking "GREAT"

Our portal is not planned for release until September, I'm still gathering information regarding any script that we can bridge into it.

Thanks again