MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Watermark Plugin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ever wondered to watermark your attachment images? Now no more need to open Adobe Photoshop, this plugin can do that for you.

Download
MyBB Mods Page

Instructions

Create the folder /uploads/watermark_cache/ and CHMOD it to 0777, this

Install and activate the plugin.

This plugin adds a new setting group called "Watermark Settings", where there is the setting "Image to be applied as watermark" in which you've to put the image to use as watermark (keep in mind that to specify the root path you've to type _root_ ).

By default only usergroups who have access to Admin CP can add a watermark so you may be interested in adjusting permissions, you've to edit Usergroup permissions, there is a tab dedicated which bundles watermarking-related permissions.

When you've set up everything you can play with it, open a new thread, add an attachment and then click on "Watermark this image". Did you think it was more complex? Sorry to disappoint you!

Screenshot
[Image: watermarkr.png]
any screenshots?
Demo please.
It is just a button near the attachment. Smile
can you please make it watermark all images automaticaly on upload, without user intervention ?
I'm not sure users will agree on their contents being watermarked. Don't you think so?

But it is a possible improvement for the plugin.
If it's a rule of the forum they must agree. i have a Hobby dedicated forum - (not comercial) and i dont want my pictures to be used for comercial purposes without at least a little credit.
(2011-09-22, 06:58 AM)B0BBY Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a rule of the forum they must agree. i have a Hobby dedicated forum - (not comercial) and i dont want my pictures to be used for comercial purposes without at least a little credit.
That's fine, but automatically slapping your logo/name of other people's pictures is very disrespectful and, I'd imagine, be frowned upon.

Useful plugin, though.
i get this error when i try to change the path to watermark image:
Fatal error: Call to a member function ClearCache() on a non-object in /home/bobby/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/watermark.php on line 367

if i edit "watermark.php" and put there $this->wpic = MYBB_ROOT . "inc/plugins/mylogo.gif";
it's working fine.

i have a better ideea... auto generate a logo with "username @ forum name" and have an option " watermark all my pictures"
in this way all usesr have their pictures branded with their names and forum name Big Grin.
screenshot please
Pages: 1 2 3