MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: configure the script to send using SMTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have problem in my forum in sending emails to Yahoo.
I contacted the server support and they said: configure the script on your site to send using SMTP, and then use the google apps account ?

How I can config my forum to send using SMTP?

Thanks in advance.

[wiki]Admin_CP_Board_Settings#Mail_Settings[/wiki]
I have set the Mail setting as SMTP and enter correct information but when i check system mail log no error message is given and no email is received at recipient such as when customer request new password or register and need activation.

How do we address this situation?
Why not make use of the PHP mail() function instead? It's easier to set up.
@ africanhost, try sending yourself a mail by using your forum ; check if it reaches spam / junk folder ..
@ ranjani, I did make a try by sending a private message to myself and I got a notification at my email but at Spam box.
@ Masayoshi, the PHP Mail Handler don't work for me. I have tried that and I was thinking SMTP will help but not working yet
^ " ... I got a notification at my email but at Spam box. " <-- make an announcement in forum's header part to check forum mails in spam folder ...
@ranjani , I do not get your point or what you ask me to do
^ in general, mails from forums reach spam folder / junk folder of most of the mail servers.
it is not easy to control them. instead we instruct the members to check their spam folders
for any mail from the forum .. AND as the users click forum's mail as NOT SPAM, they might
reach inbox from the next time onwards..

see also : activation mail to spam folder ; there are similar threads if you can search ..